The following Sports activities/tournaments were performed/ organized by the students of NIT Silchar under Gymkhana
- Inter Hostel Night Cricket Tournament.
- Inter Hostel Basketball Tournament.
- Inter Hostel Volleyball Tournament.
- Inter Hostel Kabaddi Tournament.
- Inter Hostel Tennis Tournament.
- Inter Hostel Football Tournament.
- Inter Hostel Badminton Tournament.
- Inter Hostel Table Tennis Tournament.
- Inter Hostel Chess Tournament.
- Inter Hostel Carom Tournament.
- Open Badminton Tournament.
- Open Table Tennis Tournament.
- Open Chess Tournament.
- Open Carom Tournament.
- Inter Hostel Athletics meet.
- .Inter Hostel Arm Wrestling Competition.
- Open Body Building Competition.
- Inter-Hostel Cycling Competition
- Inter-Hostel Powerlifting Competition
- Open cricket league
- Open football league.
- Interhostel Kho-Kho Tournament
- Girls Interhostel Volleyball Tournament.
_FIRST EVER MOUNTAINEERING EVENT WAS SUCCESSFULLY CONDUCTED BY THE GYMKHANA UNION BODY OF NIT SILCHAR. IT WAS TREK OF 10 DAYS ON THE ZANSKAR FROZEN RIVER IN LADAKH. One student named Anjan Das represented NIT Silchar in the Trek.
A list of Tournaments and Competitions in which students participated under the Sports Section NIT, Silchar is given below:
- All India Inter NIT Tournament held at NIT Surathkal in January 2014.
- All India Inter NIT Tournament held at NIT Trichy in February 2014.
- State Karate Championship held at Guwahati in the month of March 2013.
- National Service Scheme ( NSS):
This is compulsory for every student. As it is known that the primary aim of NSS is Personality Development through social or community services, this year NIT, Silchar, under NSS has organized campaigns like, Green Day, Campus Cleaning, Green March, Clothes donation programme etc. Apart from that Debate and Quiz Competitions were also organized for the students.
- National Cadet Corp (NCC):
_NCC_ is _engaged in grooming the youth of the country into disciplined and patriotic citizens. Every year NIT, Silchar conducts NCC Annual Training Camp (ATC) for its Cadets. Students attend regular parade sessions for participating on Independence Day and Republic Day march-past
Achievement of the students of NIT Silchar for various Sports/ Tournaments/ Events/ competition, etc and their success.
In 2013-14 session 538 nos. of students of NIT Silchar have received many prizes and certificates in different categories of various Intra NITS Sports/ Tournaments/ Events/ competition, etc for their successful participation.
Following are the list of facilities available in the Hostels:
1. Chair, Table, Bed, Wardrobe, and Fan provided in each room
2. Round the clock water supply and power supply.
3. Diesel generator (centrally) available in case failure of power supply.
4. LAN/ Internet
5. Wi-Fi connection
7. Water cooler cum Purifier.
8. TV Hall with LED TV.
9. Newspaper and Magazine.
10. Photocopier (Xerox) in each hostel.
11. Ambulance service round the clock.
12. Coffee house provided.
13. Indoor game like, Table Tennis, carom, chess provided.
14. LPG connection and fire wood cook house available.
15. Dining hall with dining Table/chair provided
16. Fire Extinguisher provided.
17. Bio Gas plant provided. (Only Hostel – 8)
18. Bi-cycle stand provided.
19. Badminton court with lighting arrangement available (Only BH-1 & GH- 2).
20. Washing Machine provided to the Girls Hostels.
Following are the list of services available in the hostels:
1. Security service
2. Cleaning service
3. Food & catering service
4. Maintenance of civil, electrical, plumbing & sanitary services.
5. Maintenance of Aqua guard & cooling cum purifier service.
6. Hot water for bath during winter.
7. Managerial service provided for messing & Maintenance
8. Vehicle service provided for attending classes.
Assistantships (M.Tech / Ph.D): Students admitted in the M.Tech & Ph. D programme in the institute are awarded Assistantship as per norms of MHRD and Institute. To be eligible for this Assistantship, a student must have cleared GATE/NET/UGC exams & must be a regular non-sponsored student.
Railway concession service is also provided to students of NIT Silchar from Dean (SW) Office.
NIT Silchar encourages its students for sports and other activities as well. Students are involved in NCC/NSS/Gyansagar and various other co-curricular activities. They also have a student union body, known as “Gymkhana Union Body”
Information regarding the students’ activities (Gymkhana) under Office of the Dean (SW)
During 2015-16 Session.
A. General programmes/Annual Festivals
GYMKHANA HELP DESK
RABINDRANATH TAGORE MEMORIAL DAY
BLOOD DONATION CAMP